Saturday, January 1, 2011

wishing all a safe, happy and Harperless 2011

Posted by Christian  |  at  1.1.11

And in the spirit of the day, some live U2 goodness.




As it should be, interpretation is in the ear of the beholder. For me personally, I lost the most influential person of my life on New Year's day, many many moons ago. Since that day, January first has always represented the anniversary of that tragedy. Not only for me, but most of my family as well.

Reflecting on it now, that might be part of why I never bought into New Year's resolutions. I mean, why not start in June, September or November? Sure, I get the 'but New Year's Day represents a new beginning!' philosophy. I just don't subscribe to it. If one believes changes are in order, why not start then? At the time of realization.

Anyway, when I was younger, {and less jaded, perhaps} I liked to imagine {as the line in the song suggests} that maybe one day we {this person and I} would be together again. Unfortunately...

All the best in 2011!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that this is a rough day for you, Christian. Best to you in the coming year, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very kind of you. And not surprising, considering you are the BIG jesus. :)

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top