Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christian Nymphos

Posted by Christian  |  at  6.12.08

disclaimer: my name has nothing to do with my views on religion


Well, these aren't your parent's Christians. A group of Christian women started a website called Christian Nymphos {hence the title of this post} geared toward helping married women of God, embrace their burning sexual desire for their men. Not a bad thing at all from my perspective.{must seek out local church} They offer advice on a wide variety of topics, from sexual aids to orgasms to different sexual positions.
Here is part of the mission statement:

Each one of us who posts on this blog is a Christ follower. We all believe that God came down from heaven and was born of the virgin Mary…his name was Jesus; he walked this Earth performing signs and miracles, but mostly trying to get man to see the love that God had for him. He was crucified, died and buried. On the third day he rose again, ascending into Heaven, where He rules at the right hand of God the Father as part of the three-part trinity. We believe that his death and resurrection are God’s free gift, our Salvation, which we can never possibly earn except by believing that Christ died for our sins. We believe that His return is imminent, can happen at any moment and we anxiously await the day we are reunited with our Savior in Heaven...

The secular world would probably find us abnormal as well. I mean think about it. We have all of these sexual desires and cravings and yet, we’re only focusing these thoughts on our husbands. We left our mothers and fathers and now are cleaving unto our husbands as God commanded. Our thoughts and urges are directed towards them. So for the people “of the modern, secular, world,” I’m sure they find us abnormal.

I admit to finding them abnormal, however it has nothing to do with their sexual desires or advice . Well, okay, it does when they invoke God, and condemn gay people, other than that though.
  There is one post from a member that actually did make me laugh out loud.

My husband of 16 years and I have a blessed love life, but I grew up in a conservative household and sex was a dirty and sinful thing. If it wasn’t missionary with my DH, I felt guilty. A little guilty for being taken doggy-style, a lot guilty for my DH taking me that way in my rear and REALLY guilty for taking him that way. I’ve learned to deal with it over the past decade and a half, but I always felt dirty and sinful to some degree for really enjoying lovemaking with my DH and engaging in the activities that really excite both of us.


And the site is doing very well, closing in on 2 million hits. Though with the site being named Christian Nymphos, it wouldn't be a stretch to believe a fair amount of the traffic was unintentional. Still, good on them for being proactive, religion can make some feel dirty about sex, {might be why I used to keep my shoes on during it} and it shouldn't.

0 comments:

Subscribe
Get our latest posts directly in your email inbox.

What they says

Contact information

Proudly Powered by Blogger.
back to top